Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enlisted to officer question

Originally posted by collk22 View Post
    Don't be surprised if they do. You're a complete unknown to the people reviewing the packet, so one of the few measurable things they can judge you on (with any direct relationship to the military) is your PT score. Best of luck to you.
    I asked my recruiter about this. He said as long as I pass, that's all that matters. Once again, he doesn't usually work with officer recruits, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Anyone know how long I can stay in the rest position during the pushups? I can knock out about 45 in the first minute then my arms pretty much turn to jello. I don't know if I should pace myself and just accept a lower score instead of risking a fail going for a bigger score.

Comment

Re: Enlisted to officer question

You can rest as long as you want, so long as it is in an authorized rest position. The only authorized position is that you may sag in the middle or flex your back. When sagging or flexing your back, you may bend your knees but not so much that you support most of your body weight on your legs.

My personal suggestion though that is if you're going to rest, don't do it too long. Rest just a second (no more than about 5-10), catch your breath, and try to knock out a few more reps. I too kill it in the first minute and then start to slow down. When I feel muscle failture coming on I try to knock out 5, rest a couple seconds, and knock out 5 more and just keep repeating that process all the way to the end.

Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
      X