X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEDNG/GRFD scholarship question

If you take a DEDNG or GRFD scholarship, do you have to commission into the guard or reserves of the state you go to college in or can you choose/apply the state you'd like to commission into?

Re: DEDNG/GRFD scholarship question

The requirements of the scholarship allow service in any state/territory National Guard to fulfill the service obligation.

Be advised that other concurrent incentives may carry other obligations. Ensure that you don't take an incentive that carries an obligation you don't want to fulfill. See the link in my signature block for additional background.

Comment

Thankyou Sir. Do you know if GRFD recipients are allowed to change their majors?

Comment

Originally posted by keydet2016 View Post
        Thankyou Sir. Do you know if GRFD recipients are allowed to change their majors?
        That is an issue for your ROTC commander at your school. There are several factors at play, and I don't want to mislead you accidentally. I can state that it's not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by keydet2016 View Post
          Like the good LTC stated, it is possible to change your major and you really need to get your cadre's input. Key things they are going to look at in doing so are A) Will you still commission on time (the time your 104R states) and B) will you incur any additional costs for additional classes?

EX - If you change majors and you end up having to take a buttload of summer courses to graduate on time, ROTC may/may not (likely may not) pay for those additional classes but would allow the change since you're still on track for the same graduation date.

Comment

Working...
          X