X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few q's about rotc, SMP, and physicals

Sorry if this has been asked before, and I think I actually saw another thread about it but I didn't quite understand it...and I didn't wanna necropost.
    Again, apologies if I'm asking previously answered questions

So from what little I understand, for ROTC scholarships with the goal of being an officer in the ARNG, you would need to do SMP.
    I'm not entirely sure from there, but I heard that for ROTC, you would do a DODMERB physical? Yet if you enlist you would go through MEPS.

So would an individual who is going for ROTC scholarship with ARNG have to do both the DODMERB physical AND the MEPS physical? Is it possible for someone to only have to do the DODMERB one?

Thanks in advance! Sorry if the question has already been answered

Re: a few q's about rotc, SMP, and physicals

So from what little I understand, for ROTC scholarships with the goal of being an officer in the ARNG, you would need to do SMP. You don't *have* to do SMP but it is highly encouraged as it provides experience, guidance and a paycheck.

I'm not entirely sure from there, but I heard that for ROTC, you would do a DODMERB physical? Yet if you enlist you would go through MEPS. It's the same physical.... done through MEPS or a qualified medical unit. You'll also have to complete a Commissioning Physical your MSIV year.

So would an individual who is going for ROTC scholarship with ARNG have to do both the DODMERB physical AND the MEPS physical? Is it possible for someone to only have to do the DODMERB one? I think you got some crossed info and the names are throwing you off. The physicals is the same (unless you go Aviation but that's another post...). They are also good for 2 years so if you were to do one at MEPS todayand commission in 2 years and 1 days, you'd have to do it again.

Comment

Working...
    X