Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former US Navy to National Guard

Background:

6 yrs active in Navy. Been out since '02. Was an E-5 (ET2 SW) with all early promote evals, good conduct medals, Navy Commendation medal.
    Earned a BS is management with GI Bill. Been working for Uncle Sam since '03, GS-12.

I'm looking to go back into the service and want something different than the Navy. What officer programs are available right now and how do I qualify?

thanks!
    Joe

Re: Former US Navy to National Guard

Originally posted by 2001FZ1 View Post
    Background:

6 yrs active in Navy. Been out since '02. Was an E-5 (ET2 SW) with all early promote evals, good conduct medals, Navy Commendation medal.
    Earned a BS is management with GI Bill. Been working for Uncle Sam since '03, GS-12.

I'm looking to go back into the service and want something different than the Navy. What officer programs are available right now and how do I qualify?

thanks!
    Joe
    How old are you? And what is your RE code.

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
      How old are you? And what is your RE code.
      I would have to dig out the dd1149 for exact code but I was given an honorable discharge.

Comment

Go talk to a recruiter and see. There's really no rush, OCS for the NG won't start until next spring.

Comment

I think you meant DD 214.

This is a DD 1149 http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/i...rms/dd1149.pdf

You will have to bring your document to a recruiter so they can assess if you can re-enter for the Guard. Do not limit yourself. Check the Army Reserves and other branches as well.

Comment

I can't believe I put 1149. That's a shipping document. I have several certified copies of the dd214.

I'm getting on the NG website and looking for the local recruiter now...

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
              I think you meant DD 214.

This is a DD 1149 http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/i...rms/dd1149.pdf

You will have to bring your document to a recruiter so they can assess if you can re-enter for the Guard. Do not limit yourself. Check the Army Reserves and other branches as well.

+1. Shop around to see what you can get. Even might want to check the Naval Reserves....

Comment

Working...
              X