Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I have a problem!

Hello,

I want to join the National Guard as an officer, but the only problem is that I am currently not a US Citizen(Will be one in a few months) and I haven't done ROTC at my University as I am a Senior and will be graduating this year. Also, I come from a family with no one in the Military and the idea of military service is crazy. My parents would most likely feel that joining the Guard would be threat to my life and I should just go to Graduate School as soon as I graduate from College. Please tell me if there are any other ways I can become an officer in the guard and ways I can convince my parents into letting me join. I do understand that I am an Adult and can make the decision myself without parental consent, but I don't want to disappoint my parents. I am a 21 year old Indian Male from California If that helps in someway.

Thank you

Re: Help I have a problem!

Non-US citizens are not allowed to be an Officer in the US Army/NG/USAR.

http://www.goarmy.com/ocs.html

You could go in as enlisted in a MOS field that does not require a Security Clearance.

Comment

Yes, but I will be a citizen in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Equation View Post
        ... ways I can convince my parents into letting me join. I do understand that I am an Adult and can make the decision myself without parental consent
        You solved your own problem on this one.

Step 2, become a citizen.

Comment

Working...
        X