X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I become an officer?

Im enlisting in a couple months, Im only 16 now but I was wondering how I would go through officer school. Would I have to go through BCT and MOS training for something then go to college and join ROTC. The MOS I want is a light wheeled mechanic. Would it be possible to do that and be an officer or what would I have to do? Please help. I am a captain on the sports teams that I am in and I am a good leader. Thats why I want to be an officer.

Re: How do I become an officer?

Enlist, do AIT, then join ROTC when you graduate. Think about going to a military college like VMI or the Citadel.

Comment

Re: How do I become an officer?

Originally posted by Dalton Waksmunski View Post
      Would I have to go through BCT and MOS training for something then go to college and join ROTC.
      If you want to be an Officer, you don't need Basic or AIT. You just need to join ROTC. You can do Basic then OCS, but it's not the only option.

The MOS I want is a light wheeled mechanic. Would it be possible to do that and be an officer or what would I have to do? Please help.
      You will never be a mechanic as an Officer. If you want to do the "dirty" work, stay enlisted. You can be a Platoon Leader in a Transportation unit, but you won't be turning any wrenches.

I am a captain on the sports teams that I am in and I am a good leader. Thats why I want to be an officer.
      I know you're only 16, but that's really not a good reason. In your analogy, the team captain is an NCO, the coach is the Officer. If you think you really want to be an Officer, really think about why. There are perks, but there are extra responsibilities, too. If you want to have all the fun and play with all the cool Army toys, enlisted is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
      X