X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09S - MI Slot Question

I am currently looking for an MI slot for an O9S contract. I am currently in NYC, but will likely be in DC starting this winter. Travel time/distance is not an issue.

If anyone knows of states that currently have MI O-1 slots that need filling please advise.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Re: 09S - MI Slot Question

You first have to branch MI before you can get a MI slot. There are some exceptions but no guarantuee you'll get what you want.

Comment

I may have misunderstood what I am looking for or misunderstood your response.

To branch o9s with military intelligence as my branch for bloc is the goal. (as opposed to rebranching at the captain level in a few years)

Is this currently possible or are all states OML for initial branching purposes?

Once again thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexiaous View Post
        To branch o9s with military intelligence as my branch for bloc is the goal. (as opposed to rebranching at the captain level in a few years)

Is this currently possible or are all states OML for initial branching purposes?
        You will have no formal guarantee of your branch assignment when enlisting with an OCS contract, although a State's OSM may be willing to give you a semi-official (and unenforceable) assurance of a future assignment. If the MI career field is the most important aspect of service, then I recommend serving in MI in an enlisted capacity. After a number of years of military and civilian experience, you may qualify for appointment as an MI warrant officer, which is a difficult and somewhat rare achievement.

Comment

Thank you very much for the clarification sir. I will further research all options.

I appreciate everyone's time and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexiaous View Post
            I may have misunderstood what I am looking for or misunderstood your response.

Once again thank you for your assistance.
            There are few states, as we've discussed on these forums before, that actually allow you to get a Letter of Acceptance with a unit for branching/assignment purposes prior to completing OCS. That is the exception and not the norm though. Just research state's within your commuting area, talk to OSMs, and see what your options are.

Comment

Working...
            X