X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC Cadet Interested in California National Guard

Hello all. I am currently a rising MSIV cadet under a GRFD scholarship, planning to commission May 2014. Just a little background of myself:
    -Currently apart of the SMP program, training with the 1-182 IN Massachusetts Army National Guard
    -Graduated Basic Airborne Course July 2012
    -Trying to achieve the honors of Distinguished Military Graduate when I commission
    -Aiming to branch Infantry

With that, bottom line up front, I am curious how the Infantry units are in California. Basically:
    How is the training for the monthly drills and annual training (PT, battle drills, etc)?
    What are some general thoughts and opinions about being apart of an Infantry unit in the California National Guard?
    Are there many additional training opportunities?
    -For those who go above and beyond, can they go through schools such as Airborne, Air Assault, and Ranger School?

I'm hoping to commission into the California Army National Guard in order to be closer to home and attend graduate school around my area. So far I have loved the Army and wish to be in it as long as possible. However, I am also hoping to join a unit where I can devote my time and energy to help the unit improve and also have opportunities for career advancement. Hope some of you all can give me some good feedback from the enlisted and officer side. Thanks a lot gents.

Go Army!
    Last edited by krnparkman; June 5th, 2013, 06:30 PM.
Working...
X