X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• officer enlistment requirements

Trying to find out what is required to enlist as officer. I have about 120 college hours. I finished my degree plan for aviation powerplant and airframe, some networking and finished audio engineering classes and still going for music business. I am 26 engaged getting married next augest with 2 kids. Thanks.

Re: officer enlistment requirements

Scroll down to the last section on the page:

http://www.nationalguard.com/careers

Comment

Alright, well basically you need a 110 GT on the ASVAB, a Bachelors degree, and be between the ages of 18-41.
      Best bet, go talk to a recruiter. You have to anyways to start the process, so he will be able to answer all of your questions accurately. I am not sure about the children, I believe you need to get a dependency waiver, but I could be 100% wrong so don' take my word for it. All in all, you should be fine with being able to become an officer if you have NO Moral problems (ever been arrested or had a misdemeanor). Also medical issues can stop you from going, even little ones.
      My advice, go chat with a recruiter. Then you can at least get the ball rolling (it is a lengthy process to become an officer, a LOT of training required) and get the ASVAB out of the way so you know what you qualify for.
      Good luck!

Comment

You have to have 60 hours to start the process (ie - OCS) and 90 hours to commission. If you *don't* have a degree already, I wouldn't plan on being able to attend AOCS or FOCS. You'll need to have a your Bach Degree finished before they'll let your promote to CPT.

If you are married, the kids are not an issue. If you are single, the kids will require a valid child-care plan IOT enlist/attend training.

Comment

Working...
        X