X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Commission and FED REC Board Questions

I have recently been approved by the State and NGB to Direct Commission as an Infantry Officer.

I have been given a Fed Rec Board Date for this month.

My questions are:

1) How should I prepare for this board? What type of questions should I expect as an E6 going to a Fed Rec Board?

2) I have been told to be prepared to swear in after the board, but have been given no further information no matter how much I pry. I have heard that there is a Direct Commission OCS program that I would need to attend, is this true?

3) How long after commissioning do you have to attend BOLC?

Thanks

Re: Direct Commission and FED REC Board Questions

The board is a formality at this point. They ask some generic questions and as long as you don't say something totally crazy, you'll be ok.

I think the DC program you're reffering to is for proffessionals right off the street with no military training (medical/JAG).

I'm probably off but you need to have BOLC done within 18 months. Really, the sooner the better.

Comment

Re: Direct Commission and FED REC Board Questions

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      The board is a formality at this point. They ask some generic questions and as long as you don't say something totally crazy, you'll be ok.

I think the DC program you're reffering to is for proffessionals right off the street with no military training (medical/JAG).

I'm probably off but you need to have BOLC done within 18 months. Really, the sooner the better.
      Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X