Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Questions Regarding OCS Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Questions Regarding OCS

    I have enlisted as a Specialists E-4 and am looking for information regarding OCS and how soon I can get there. (I know that there has been information posted about this before....sorry for any repost information didn't see info on what I was looking for) Nevertheless, my recruiter told me about a Gold Rush program that the Illinois Guard has. I possess an BS in Business Admin and a Masters in Health Admin. My choice was the Guard particularly because I love helping people and have gained a passion of serving others. (What better way to do this than the Military!) My present issue consists of a few factors. 1)ASVAB score was a 104. I know that minimum requirement for OCS is 110. 2) I am 32 yrs of age. I believe the cutoff is by 33 birthday. With those present factors, my recruiter suggested that I enlist which I did to get a feel of how the Guard operates. So far I have been to 1 RSP and love it. I ship on 20130730 to BCT and AIT on 20131015 to AIT. He said this Gold Rush program would be offered to me at some point but my question is when. I have looked on the Net and only found minimal information. Any advice on OCS will help. Thanks all!

  • #2
    Re: Questions Regarding OCS

    Have not heard of a "Gold Rush" program in Texas. Hopefully someone will chime in from Illinois.

    However, you have to have a GT Score of 110 for OCS, which have been what you meant.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Questions Regarding OCS

      http://readme.readmedia.com/Illinois...g-Gold/2262702
      This is what I found. The biggest concern I really have is my age. I want to know if I will have enough time to get to OCS upon returning from AIT. I have a waiver already for OCS that's good for a year.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Questions Regarding OCS

        http://readme.readmedia.com/Illinois...g-Gold/2262702

        Didn't know if it was a National Program or something that Illinois just offers. My biggest concern is age. I want to get to OCS as quick as possible. My goal is to make the Guard my career and the possibility of advancement upon my abilities and service.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Questions Regarding OCS

          Contact a local Officer Strength Manager

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Questions Regarding OCS

            Originally posted by SPC Bestofview View Post
            http://readme.readmedia.com/Illinois...g-Gold/2262702

            Didn't know if it was a National Program or something that Illinois just offers. My biggest concern is age. I want to get to OCS as quick as possible. My goal is to make the Guard my career and the possibility of advancement upon my abilities and service.
            It's a state specific program.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Questions Regarding OCS

              Originally posted by SPC Bestofview View Post
              http://readme.readmedia.com/Illinois...g-Gold/2262702

              Didn't know if it was a National Program or something that Illinois just offers. My biggest concern is age. I want to get to OCS as quick as possible. My goal is to make the Guard my career and the possibility of advancement upon my abilities and service.
              How are you going to make the NG your career? It's a part time job; i.e., it is not going to pay your bills. There are scarcely few exceptions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Questions Regarding OCS

                Originally posted by SPC Bestofview View Post
                I have enlisted as a Specialists E-4 and am looking for information regarding OCS and how soon I can get there. (I know that there has been information posted about this before....sorry for any repost information didn't see info on what I was looking for) Nevertheless, my recruiter told me about a Gold Rush program that the Illinois Guard has. I possess an BS in Business Admin and a Masters in Health Admin. My choice was the Guard particularly because I love helping people and have gained a passion of serving others. (What better way to do this than the Military!) My present issue consists of a few factors. 1)ASVAB score was a 104. I know that minimum requirement for OCS is 110. 2) I am 32 yrs of age. I believe the cutoff is by 33 birthday. With those present factors, my recruiter suggested that I enlist which I did to get a feel of how the Guard operates. So far I have been to 1 RSP and love it. I ship on 20130730 to BCT and AIT on 20131015 to AIT. He said this Gold Rush program would be offered to me at some point but my question is when. I have looked on the Net and only found minimal information. Any advice on OCS will help. Thanks all!
                I'm unfamiliar with any kind of "Gold Rush" programs, this would be the first I've heard of it.

                Now if we're talking actual OCS, the age does vary by state; however, the NGB rule is that applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 41 years 364 days at the date of commissioning. So you should have some time given that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Questions Regarding OCS

                  Originally posted by SPC Bestofview View Post
                  http://readme.readmedia.com/Illinois...g-Gold/2262702
                  This is what I found. The biggest concern I really have is my age. I want to know if I will have enough time to get to OCS upon returning from AIT. I have a waiver already for OCS that's good for a year.
                  Yes, that is definitely a state-specific thing. Texas, for example, has OCS boards fairly often and requires all OCc (both 09S and board selected) to go to Phase 0 IOT prep them for Phase 1 (ie - make sure thier packet is squared away, can pass the APFT, etc).

                  Call you OSM for more details or try to find one of those mentioned OCS recruiters.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Questions Regarding OCS

                    Possibly AGR? That would be a goal of mine.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Questions Regarding OCS

                      Thanks for all the input everyone. I will get with my OSM and ask some questions. Thanks again.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X