Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you go from e3 to O1 in national guard?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you go from e3 to O1 in national guard?

Hi all, I just was wondering if you can go from e3 to O1? I just got my Associates degree in Criminal Justice plus have completed over 71 units and wanting to go an get my bachelors. I leave tomorrow to take the ASVAB test and get medical exam. My recruiter told me I can only go in as an e3 with an Associates degree and can't get anything high unless I have a bachelors. That's fine in all but can i really just go in as an e3 and work my way up to o1? I don't really see how that would work out? Any advise would be great. Thanks Justin
    Last edited by LtTodd; May 15th, 2013, 11:42 PM.

Re: Can you go from e3 to O1 in national guard?

Unless you are in a time crunch to enlist ASAP, you should complete 90 hours first & go 09S right off the bat. Another alternative would be an ROTC program.

There are options out there, so do your research legwork and ask your recruiter about these options. If you haven't expressed any interest in this route, than you need to. On the other hand, if you have and your recruiter hasn't provided any info than you may need to reevaluate the situation once you are thoroughly informed.

My 2

Comment

After Basic and AIT if you have enough credits and you have a 110 GT score from the ASVAB............happens all the time

Comment

You'll have to attend a commissioning source (ROTC, OCS, USMA or DC) in order to be promoted to O-1. Can you be promoted from E-3 to O-1 simply because you are a rockstar and have a degree? No.

And I don't think there has been a battlefield commission since Vietnam.....

Comment

Forgot to mention you will have to go to OCS..........Saw the PFC rank and was laughing.......everybody at RSP wants to be a Leader!! Can be done though!!!

Comment

Working...
          X