X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honorable discharge enlisted with RE-3 Code to ROTC

Would having an RE-3 code under an honorable discharge enlisted prevent one from taking ROTC to become an officer? I don't know if that would be the code I'd get but just to know for worst case scenario. As from other members from the link below their would be issues on the enlisted to side.

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...d=1#post184529

Re: Honorable discharge enlisted with RE-3 Code to ROTC

ROTC is its own accession source, and has its own standards. You may not get a solid answer here, because I know of no ROTC cadre on this forum. Your college's ROTC enrollment officer will need to make a determination.

I've seen cases where a Soldier was eligible for ROTC but not OCS, and vice versa, although most of the standards are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      ROTC is its own accession source, and has its own standards. You may not get a solid answer here, because I know of no ROTC cadre on this forum. Your college's ROTC enrollment officer will need to make a determination.
      Alright, I'll give an ROTC enrollment officer a call.

Comment

I've work with ROTC and continue to help out...

I can tell you that if your RE-Code is for something like PT failure, don't bother. ROTC has a ton of super-qualified students/cadets competing for contract and commissioning slots. There are more than enough prior-service soldiers coming to the programs to make recruitment numbers and the need to take in a PS soldier with a crappy discharge is just not there.

About the only way to get into ROTC with a RE-3 is to *try* and enlist in the NG. If you do get in, you can go to your college of choice, enroll and do SMP as a "non-scholarship" cadet. That way, the RE-3 won't come into play with the scholarship process (It won't matter as part of commissioning since you are already in the NG and have had the RE-3 waived). Once you hit MSIII year, you can compete with everyone else for a AD or NG slot, as you see fit.

Comment

Working...
        X