Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active duty E-5 to Officer in the guard.

So I am currently an E-5(P) active component, 11B with an excellent record as far as awards and NCOER's, I currently have over 6 years in service and about 63 semester credit hours of college, as well as a 300 PT score and a 3.7 GPA. I've been thinking about dropping a Green to Gold packet for a while, however I would love to go and receive my commison in the ARNG, what are the options for me? I'd much rather go guard, but have no idea if I haveto wait to ETS and finish through ROTC for it or what? What are my options if there are any in going from active enlisted to guard officer? What about after ETS, how does ROTC work exactly?

In advance, Thanks for all your help!

Re: Active duty E-5 to Officer in the guard.

Originally posted by hereiam View Post
    So I am currently an E-5(P) active component, 11B with an excellent record as far as awards and NCOER's, I currently have over 6 years in service and about 63 semester credit hours of college, as well as a 300 PT score and a 3.7 GPA. I've been thinking about dropping a Green to Gold packet for a while, however I would love to go and receive my commison in the ARNG, what are the options for me? I'd much rather go guard, but have no idea if I haveto wait to ETS and finish through ROTC for it or what? What are my options if there are any in going from active enlisted to guard officer? What about after ETS, how does ROTC work exactly?

In advance, Thanks for all your help!
    There are many factors.

What is your compelling reason to go Guard instead of Active?

Comment

I am AD. When do you ETS? Yes, that will have to happen first; if you go Guard.

Comment

I'm tired of the constant moving of the active lifestyle. Me and the wife want to settle down in SC where we are from and its always been in the back of my mind to receive my commison, as well as stay in uniform. Basically to satisfy my wants and my wife's needs, if that makes since?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
          I am AD. When do you ETS? Yes, that will have to happen first; if you go Guard.
          I ETS December 2015....

Comment

Do you plan on going to school full time or working??

Comment

Probably the soonest you could begin OCS is the spring of 2016. ETS, get settled and then look at the military.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                Probably the soonest you could begin OCS is the spring of 2016. ETS, get settled and then look at the military.
                True...I was asking if he was a schooler or a worker...cause he may not know about SMP

Comment

Working...
                X