X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA National Guard SMP Slot

I'm an AROTC Cadet entering his MS2 year who is interested in doing SMP with the CA National Guard. My first choice would be either Cav or MP, and I've been trying with little success to contact particular units I'm interested in. If anyone here is a member of a SoCal Cav or MP unit, I would be entirely in your debt if you could send me some information in regards to joining said unit.

Also, would it be possible to start attending drills this summer if I am contracted to attend BCT next summer once a split option seat becomes available?

Re: CA National Guard SMP Slot

What you are saying that you want and what you think will happen don't exactly jive.....

If you are a cadet entering your MS2 year, that means that you'll be an MS3 cadet come May, 2014. Which means you have to contract with ROTC or pop smoke on the ROTC program (MSIII/MSIV require a contract to participate). Which means that you won't be attending BCT because your ROTC contract negates the option. You won't be split option nor will you be an enlisted soldier at all.

And you have to have an ROTC contract in order to be a SMP cadet. Which is probably why you are batting zero in locating a unit. Your schools USAR/NG liaison has all of that information and can place you.

Comment

Working...
    X