Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-enlisted as 09S and awaiting AOCS, when is pay grade bumped to E-5?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-enlisted as 09S and awaiting AOCS, when is pay grade bumped to E-5?

Is my pay grade immediately moved from E-4 to E-5 for my first drill (while I wait to attend AOCS later this year) or will it not take effect until my first day at AOCS?

Re: Re-enlisted as 09S and awaiting AOCS, when is pay grade bumped to E-5?

Originally posted by GSAM View Post
    Is my pay grade immediately moved from E-4 to E-5 for my first drill (while I wait to attend AOCS later this year) or will it not take effect until my first day at AOCS?
    Unless you are attending FOCS, my understanding is that you will have an administrative pay grade of E-6 or higher. (Unless something changed recently).

Comment

Roger, thanks Sir/Ma'am. If that is the case, will I be fine with my SPC rank? I have sewn on ranks so if I did need to wear OCS rank I would have to wait and get to a tailor.

Comment

Roger, thanks Sir/Ma'am. If that is the case, will I be fine with my SPC rank? I have sewn on ranks so if I did need to wear OCS rank I would have to wait and get to a tailor.
        You're going to have to get that changed. You're done with BCT so you should have your SPC ranks removed immediately... that is unless you plan on reverting back to a SPC at some point.

You'll be a fuzzy basically all the way through AOCS until near the end, then they "may" let you wear the black O.C.S. rank.

Bottom line is at AOCS you can have your name and service tape sewn on, but that is it.

Comment

Where are you attending AOCS?
          Alabama does not wear OCS rank.... You'll need your ACUs to have the female velcro side to attach class leadership rank when appropriate.

When Ph1 started everyone who was less than e-6 was promoted to e-6.

ymmv

Comment

Originally posted by scjohnny View Post
            Where are you attending AOCS?
            Alabama does not wear OCS rank.... You'll need your ACUs to have the female velcro side to attach class leadership rank when appropriate.

When Ph1 started everyone who was less than e-6 was promoted to e-6.

ymmv
            Alabama. Is there anything I need to know?

Comment

Alabama. Is there anything I need to know?
              Beat the heat, take care of your feet, drink plenty of water. That's what one of our RTI cadre told us before we went anyway.

Seriously though, know your Land Nav. Pelham range is pretty brutal, especially the larger training areas (TA-9 comes to mind). Be ready to run in boots...a lot, so have 2 good pair and good socks. My personal suggestion for the field is also have a decent pair of non-fogging eyepro and gloves. The eyepro helps protect those eyes when you're wandering through the thick brush at night. The gloves are for those dang blackberry bushes...they will tear you up out there.

The heat sucks and so does lack of sleep, but you'll survive as long as you "embrace the suck." I'll be back there for Phase III in July. Phase I and III have lots of candidates from Traditional, so you'll see it thin out quite a bit at Phase II. It thinned out so much last summer they went from 2 companies down to one. Anyway lots of folks pour in at Phase III so we may or may not end up in the same CO/PLT, etc.

Best of luck to you!

Comment

Working...
              X