X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlisted to Commissioned

I am curious to know what is the chance of a 40 year old E-6 with a Masters Degree going from Enlisted to becoming a commissioned officer. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Enlisted to Commissioned

Attend OCS.

Are you currently in or Prior Service? Not sure about the age cut-off and how you'll figure in... you may want to also look at WO.

Comment

Originally posted by MDJV212 View Post
      I am curious to know what is the chance of a 40 year old E-6 with a Masters Degree going from Enlisted to becoming a commissioned officer. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
      I'm a 40-year-old E4 with a masters. About to attend my 2nd OCS pre-phase drill this coming weekend. I'm going to tell you--point blank--if you can, by some freak of nature, get the paperwork for an OCS packet, find an OCS recruiter that will process your packet, and get you into AOCS before June you MIGHT have a chance. And your only chance is to get into AOCS and get commissioned is this summer. Reason why is because you only have up until 364 days past your 41st birthday to commission. Good luck. No disrespect but if I were you I'd hit the ground running TODAY.
      Last edited by VICEROY06; April 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Also, hopefully you already have a 110 GT score on file. If not, then you may have to go to your state NGB to re-take the ASVAB. If you have any further questions you can PM me. I may be able to direct you to the right POCs.

Comment

Working...
        X