Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC and the NATIONAL GUARD can you do both?

So my foster parent have told me if I'm going to go into the National Guard than i should also join the ROTC, problem is I've heard that you can't do the ROTC program while your in the NG . Is that true?

Any and all answers would be much appreciated, Thank you.

Re: ROTC and the NATIONAL GUARD can you do both?

Originally posted by Aaliyahthomas33 View Post
    So my foster parent have told me if I'm going to go into the National Guard than i should also join the ROTC, problem is I've heard that you can't do the ROTC program while your in the NG . Is that true?

Any and all answers would be much appreciated, Thank you.
    No, that's not true.

look up "simultaneous membership program"

Comment

Re: ROTC and the NATIONAL GUARD can you do both?

no. you can do both. In fact I would recommend doing national guard and ROTC. It will give you a big edge amongst your peers and provides you with the soldiering experience that the contracted cadets out of high school won't receive. You also receive a lot more money and benefits which is a huge plus

Some state also have a program called a "control number" which keeps you from being deployed while you are enrolled in ROTC so you can focus more on commissioning and keeping your GPA up

on the plus side you don't have to stay guard when you commission as an officer after college. you have the option to request either guard, reserve, or active but competition is very tough right now.

Comment

Working...
      X