X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Guard OCS deadline 2013

What is the deadline to get into Traditional OCS with the Georgia Guard this year? If I'm too late to get in this year, but want to join now what should I do? Do they have somewhere for 09s's to drill until the next class?

Btw I'm a prior service VA Guard 11B with 6 years of service.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks.

Re: Georgia Guard OCS deadline 2013

Most states typically start their Pre-phase, or Phase 0, in the month of April. You need to talk to an Officer Strength Manager (OSM) now if you want to get on-board for this year. It may already be a bit late but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by JDuncan View Post
      What is the deadline to get into Traditional OCS with the Georgia Guard this year? If I'm too late to get in this year, but want to join now what should I do? Do they have somewhere for 09s's to drill until the next class?

Btw I'm a prior service VA Guard 11B with 6 years of service.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks.
      You will more than likely need to apply to Alabama OCS.

Comment

OC, I love AMA but it is not the only option type or the only AOCS. Frankly the decision tree is largely state dependent with some soldier input. A PS 09S could fill any vacancy until the next phase 0 starts. It is also very locally driven and case specific.

Comment

You may be too late for this year if you're not currently in the GAARNG. If you are, Phase O has already had one drill and there are a few more scheduled before Phase I but if you are squared away the cadre will fast track you into Phase I. I'm in the GA Traditional OCS class that graduates in August. Send me a PM and I'll tell you who to talk to.

Comment

Working...
          X