Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WOCS or OCS?

Originally posted by VICEROY06 View Post
    Actually, he never came out from under the shade of the trees all day. Great guy, though. How two veteran NCO's overlooked something as simple as the setting of the rear sight on an M-16 is beyond me. No disrespect to them. But the WO was right. If I were trained correctly with iron sights and a M-16 at BCT, I would have shot even better than with a carbine and a CCO. I grouped better in five minutes with the M-16 than I grouped all through basic with a carbine.
    Eh you should have... CCO's suck, and the barrel on the M-16 is 5.5" longer and it has slightly less recoil than the M4 making it more accurate, and an overall easier weapon to qualify on. It's strange they even issued you an M4 in basic considering there are several actual "go to war" units that only issue M-16's. And why would they have you shoot at a 1000M target in BCT? Thats outside of both the point and area ranges on both the M4 and M16, any hit would pretty much revolve around luck.
    Last edited by ack202; March 21st, 2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ack202 View Post
      Eh you should have... CCO's suck, and the barrel on the M-16 is 5.5" longer and it has slightly less recoil than the M4 making it more accurate, and an overall easier weapon to qualify on. It's strange they even issued you an M4 in basic considering there are several actual "go to war" units that only issue M-16's. And why would they have you shoot at a 1000M target in BCT? Thats outside of both the point and area ranges on both the M4 and M16, any hit would pretty much revolve around luck.
      Right. That was the first time I ever touched let alone shot an M-16 and after that experience I felt cheated to have been trained on a carbine and at Benning of all places. I wish I could remember the name of the range. But we shot there during ARM. We weren't required to hit the 1000M target we were only supposed to hit the first three. Took me three tries but I hit that bad boy. It took maybe a little less than a half second for that 5.56 to hit the target, which seemed like a long, long time for a traveling round.
      Last edited by VICEROY06; March 21st, 2013, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Apologies to all, should have introduced myself. Been lurking on the forums for a while and decided to jump in the pool. I'm a DA from USMCR, joined the Guard in 2011. Enjoying my time and experiences very much. Trying to get through my schools (251A-255A). Don't want to hijack the OP's thread so I'll post in other threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmr Devil Dog View Post
          Apologies to all, should have introduced myself. Been lurking on the forums for a while and decided to jump in the pool. I'm a DA from USMCR, joined the Guard in 2011. Enjoying my time and experiences very much. Trying to get through my schools (251A-255A). Don't want to hijack the OP's thread so I'll post in other threads.
          I am a 251A now 255A, trying to get WOAC for this year. PM me your info.

Comment

Originally posted by ack202 View Post
            Thats outside of both the point and area ranges on both the M4 and M16, any hit would pretty much revolve around luck.
            Wait a minute. You said luck? My good man, I'll have you know that I've been a crack shot since I was 12 years old. If I can see it I can hit it.

Comment

Working...
            X