X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlisted Active duty to commissioned or warrent NG/AR

Hello all, I am currently an active duty enlisted(E-4) soldier with almost 4 years in service. I am about 3 months from starting my ETS leave and trying to look at all of my options. Since I had enlisted becoming an aviator has always been an interest of mine so I am here now trying to see what I can do. I've looked into the Rotc process which seems pretty straight forward, go to school get a degree commision. However I haven't been able to find anything out about the warrent officer side. Also as far as ROTC what are the chances of getting picked up for a NG or an AR slot.The other thing that concerns me are the budget cuts. I believe I read somewhere about flight students/ active duty unit getting grounded due to them. I was wondering how/if this affects the NG as well.

Re: Enlisted Active duty to commissioned or warrent NG/AR

As you go through your ACAP process; you need to discuss your options with that various representatives. For WO, you need to speak with the state's WOSM that you are interested in serving in. Have you ever saw the WO recruiting website?

Comment

I've spoken briefly with the AR/NG counsler. Was told they couldn't really do anything for me at the time and to come back when I was closer to my actual ETS date. As far as WO I just found this link http://www.txarng.com/warrant-officer. So I guess as far as contacting the WOSM he would be able to give me more information as far as the process for getting selected for WOC? But other than that I havent seen a WO recruiting website.

Comment

Go to this website so you can see about the qualifications and requirements for various WO MOS.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/

Comment

So the process for NG/AR WO is same? I was under the impression that they had a different process for selection or that it was a state board.

Comment

The processes slightly different but the basic requirements are the same. If you are looking at aviation; then the AD website can provide a good gauge on what is required to get selected.

Comment

Okay well the only requirement I don't meet right now is the SIFT. Which I can easily enough go study and take. So I should just build a packet just like regular AD as far as recommendation letters and stuff. Probably just contact the aviation WO branch manager or something like that for TX and they could provide me with the full process?

Comment

Originally posted by J.Terry View Post
                Okay well the only requirement I don't meet right now is the SIFT. Which I can easily enough go study and take. So I should just build a packet just like regular AD as far as recommendation letters and stuff. Probably just contact the aviation WO branch manager or something like that for TX and they could provide me with the full process?
                I think that is an excellent approach unless somebody else can provide some different guidance.

Comment

Hmm well maybe someone else on here can give me more information on it but I have my actually acap class's this week. So next week when i get back to my unit i'll ask some of the senior pilots if they can tell me anything before I call and bug the NG WO's

Comment

Working...
                  X