X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teacher pursuing 09S

I posted on these forums about 2 years ago when I was seriously considering joining the NG and pursuing the 09S option. A couple other teachers stepped out of the woodwork and rather than revive that thread that was mainly about me and my questions, I thought I'd open this up for any other teachers out there who have enlisted 09S. I know my biggest concerns have to do with the reaction of my employer, the training schedule, and the work load as an officer between drill (especially when paired with teaching a core subject class and coaching). I'm currently 29 years old and have wanted to serve in the military for over a decade and finally hope to make it a reality. I've contacted a recruiter (left two messages over two days) and hope to get the ball rolling soon.

Anyway, as stated I would love to hear any experience from teachers who serve in the Guard, whether as an officer or enlisted.

Re: Teacher pursuing 09S

Private message selmore816. She just commissioned through Federal OCS as an 09S and is a high school teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
      Private message selmore816. She just commissioned through Federal OCS as an 09S and is a high school teacher.
      Thanks very much, Mongoose!

Comment

Having me do all the dirty work, Mongoose772? lol

Comment

You know it Lieutenant!!

Comment

You know it Lieutenant!!
            Congratulations on the silver bar.

Comment

Thanks. I put BOLC off for nearly 2 years which pushed me back 6 extra months, but it's good now. Now off to Afghanistan!

Comment

Thanks. I put BOLC off for nearly 2 years which pushed me back 6 extra months, but it's good now. Now off to Afghanistan!
                Be safe, sir!

Comment

Hey, what happened to OCS Chris? Isn't it March? Graduation is in another week.

Comment

Hey, what happened to OCS Chris? Isn't it March? Graduation is in another week.
                    Read you mail...

Comment

Tag your it...

Comment

Working...
                      X