X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC Questions

So I am about to graduate from a 2 year college with my associates degree and am trying to figure out what university to go to. I want to ROTC while at school but I have a few questions about the program. What are the requirements to join ROTC? I am currently an 11B in the Army National Guard. Also is it going to be a problem if I am joining as a junior? So I have it narrowed down between 3 universities, is there any difference between ROTC programs? Does everyone get to go to summer trainings or do you have to qualify for them? And are summer trainings the same for all ROTC programs? Any info would be awesome.
    Thanks guys

Re: ROTC Questions

Because you're already MOSq'd you can start as an MSIII. You should contact the Guard liason at the ROTC program that you want to join.

As far as summer training goes, you will have to go to Ft. Lewis for the Leadership Development and Assessment Course. LDAC is a commmisioning requirement. Two key things: land navigation and the orders process.

Comment

Is there any difference in the ROTC's at different colleges? On one of the schools ROTC websites it says they can send you to Airborne, Airassult, and a list of other extras schools you can attend. Do they really send students off to those schools? And while in the ROTC do I still drill with my normal unit?

Comment

Originally posted by 11B_Liam View Post
        Is there any difference in the ROTC's at different colleges? On one of the schools ROTC websites it says they can send you to Airborne, Airassult, and a list of other extras schools you can attend. Do they really send students off to those schools? And while in the ROTC do I still drill with my normal unit?
        The core curriculum is the same but like anything else, some teachers are better than others. Cadet Command / ROTC does in fact get slots to ABN, AA, and other schools. How many seats and how to earn them varies, so yes, students really go to those schools.

If you're doing SMP you're expected to drill with your unit unless there is a training conflict between drill weekend and ROTC training exercise - you'll have to work that out with your ROTC cadre and unit. I generally just excuse cadets when there is a conflict with drill.

Comment

Working...
        X