X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What to expect with OCS

You joined through the DC guard? Are you going the traditional route? Im getting ready to enlist with the DC guard and am struggling between going OCS or staying enlisted (Im prior service). Would you mind answering questions about how its going for you, if you like it, what to expect etc? I wanted to do the accelerated route and get it over with but was told prior service doesn't get that option You pick your brach after you graduate correct?

Comment

Re: What to expect with OCS

Originally posted by Nataliec1122 View Post
      You joined through the DC guard? Are you going the traditional route? Im getting ready to enlist with the DC guard and am struggling between going OCS or staying enlisted (Im prior service). Would you mind answering questions about how its going for you, if you like it, what to expect etc? I wanted to do the accelerated route and get it over with but was told prior service doesn't get that option You pick your brach after you graduate correct?
      Prior service soldiers typically get top choice of Accelerated over Traditional, because it is expected they know the basics and can perform at a higher level. You should fall into this category as long as your state is willing to send you.

09S Non-Prior Service contractees are the ones who more often than not these days don't get to choose AOCS as their number one pick. Some states still send 09S candidates to AOCS, but that is dwindling from what I've seen.

Comment

Working...
      X