Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law School GRFD Scholarship, ROTC Scholarship.

Hello all and I would like to thank you in advance for your comments/feedback.

So, I want to go to Law school and I am in the CT National Guard, I have finished Basic and AIT but I didnt get into any Connecticut Law schools.I did get into Howard Law. As you can already imagine I am loosing my mind on to where I am going to live, I won't have a job like I do back home. So my next option is scholarships, ROTC has some and the Guard has some. Can someone shed some light on Who I need to speak too, How do I go about getting a either scholarship considering I am a first year Law school student. Once again Thank You for your feedback!!

Re: Law School GRFD Scholarship, ROTC Scholarship.

I'm a bit confused as to what your goals and priorities are. Refine your target, so I can give you some guidance. I can't give you directions if I don't know where you're going.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      I'm a bit confused as to what your goals and priorities are. Refine your target, so I can give you some guidance. I can't give you directions if I don't know where you're going.
      Sorry Sir,

My goals are to go to Howard Law school and get into Jag My issue is my housing expenses.I will be a first year Law School student but not in my home (Connecticut). Since there is no Law School housing I would have to get an Apartment ect. My questions are, What are my options as far as Guard Scholarships and ROTC? How do I go about obtaining one? Who do I speak too?

Comment

Originally posted by Moses1291 View Post
        Sorry Sir,

My goals are to go to Howard Law school and get into Jag My issue is my housing expenses.I will be a first year Law School student but not in my home (Connecticut). Since there is no Law School housing I would have to get an Apartment ect. My questions are, What are my options as far as Guard Scholarships and ROTC? How do I go about obtaining one? Who do I speak too?
        http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsa...iversity-03033

So does anyone here believe that a law school ranked outside of the top 100 law schools actually has a median salary of $160,000? That's T14 level.

Good luck buddy.

Don't go to law school unless you're going to a T14 law school or you are going to an accredited law school for near free. There are far too many stories of people who have piled on debt with no reasonable way of paying it off in this legal market.
        Last edited by Polo08816; February 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM.

Comment

I cannot answer your specific questions but I second Polo08816 but would say a T50 school or better. The job market stinks for lawyers generally and is that much worse for new grads. Also consider getting residency to cut your costs. Good luck.

Comment

I have no hard evidence, but anecdotally I can tell you that many Rutgers Law graduates I know are making around 45k/year...and I'm pretty sure RU is ranked higher than Howard for law.

If you cannot get into a top law school, you'd better be prepared for a low salary with a lot of debt. Bad combo.

Comment

I thank you guys for the feed back its not about the money.Especially if I'm doing what I LOVE to do. If I can get it paid for then why not go to the school of my choosing even if it's not about a Top Law School.

Comment

I thank you guys for the feed back its not about the money. Especially if I'm doing what I LOVE to do. If I can get it paid for then why not go to the school of my choosing even if it's not about a Top Law School.
                First, there are MANY law school graduates that are doing "free/volunteer" legal work NOT by choice because they cannot find other positions in the legal market.

There are many things in life that are not about the money. But there's a difference between doing something you're passionate about and being bankrupt and living in momma's house because of a poor life decision after being BS'ed by law schools into thinking it's the road to prosperity.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                  First, there are MANY law school graduates that are doing "free/volunteer" legal work NOT by choice because they cannot find other positions in the legal market.

There are many things in life that are not about the money. But there's a difference between doing something you're passionate about and being bankrupt and living in momma's house because of a poor life decision after being BS'ed by law schools into thinking it's the road to prosperity.
                  Nicely put....

Comment

Sorry Sir,

Did you read the links in my signature file?

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
                      Did you read the links in my signature file?
                      Yes Sir, I also appreciate you answering my question. Instead of others bashing what law school I chose to go to.

Comment

Working...
                      X