X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coast Guard Reserve officer awaiting NGB

I'm a drilling reserve O3E in the Coast Guard and have applied for my states National Guard so I can have the opportunity to drill closer to home (currently traveling 3 states away). The officer recruiter that is helping me has said he's submitted a package to the NGB to try and bring me in as an MP officer because of my civilian experience. We've been waiting to hear a decision from them for several months now. Has anyone else done an interservice transfer to the NG and if so, how long did it take?

Thanks

Re: Coast Guard Reserve officer awaiting NGB

Yours is an uncommon situation. First, he must convince an Army branch proponent that you belong in their career field. Then he must demonstrate that you meet all legal and regulatory requirements for entry into the Army, and then right after that, into the Army National Guard. It can take four months, largely because certain actions only happen on certain dates, so your packet can wait for action.

If you want to spot check your OSM, as him if he has received the approval letter from the MP branch proponent.

I put a few prior officers of every service into the Guard. Unfortunately, I regretted most of them. The cultures of the blue services (Air and Navy) differ greatly from that of the green services (Army and Marines). I wish you well.

Comment

Re: Coast Guard Reserve officer awaiting NGB

Originally posted by tomjfisherman View Post
      I'm a drilling reserve O3E in the Coast Guard and have applied for my states National Guard so I can have the opportunity to drill closer to home (currently traveling 3 states away). The officer recruiter that is helping me has said he's submitted a package to the NGB to try and bring me in as an MP officer because of my civilian experience. We've been waiting to hear a decision from them for several months now. Has anyone else done an interservice transfer to the NG and if so, how long did it take?

Thanks
      There is no true "interservice transfer" when speaking of officers and the NGB. You are going to be assessed like any other prior service officer.

Comment

Working...
      X