X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASVAB Requirment for Officer

I see that the requirement for the ASVAB is 110 and above.

But to understand the test more, what would be the section that would be utilized to receive the required score of 110? Would it be the Math reasoning, Arithmetic, Word knowledge, and paragraph comprehension sections? Or would the other sections (mechanics, assemble objects, and electric knowledge) as well play a vital role in scoring the 110?

I am preparing for the ASVAB and I would like to score high enough to become an officer since I already have two degrees (BA and MBA).

Re: ASVAB Requirment for Officer

You GT score must be 110
    The GT section includes:
    Arithmetic Reasoning
    Word Knowledge
    Paragraph Comprehension

Comment

The General Technical or GT score is one of the most important line scores computed from your results on the ASVAB test. It’s determined by adding your Verbal Expression (VE) and Arithmetic Reasoning (AR) scores together. It’s doubly important because the scores that make up the GT are also three of the scores that make up your overall AFQT score which qualifies you for enlistment. (VE = Work Knowledge (WK) + Paragraph Comprehension (PC)).

Also, the General Technical score doesn’t include your scores on any of the technical or mechanical subtests so it’s not necessary to have any particular technical knowledge to get a high ASVAB GT score. To prepare for the subtests that make up the GT score, concentrate on taking practice tests in verbal expression, arithmetic reasoning, and paragraph comprehension.

Comment

The typical tester will have an overal score of 65-75 to have a 110 GT score. Thats a little easier to set a bench mark for yourself than the formula to get the actual GT score. Civilian side you need to make a 22 or higher on the ACT. Not sure on the SAT.

Comment

My overall score was 72, and my GT score was 113.

Comment

Strictly speaking, there is no ASVAB requirement for officers. There is, however, an ASVAB requirement for OCS. ROTC doesn't require even taking the ASVAB.

Comment

Working...
            X