X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IST and State OCS question

Hello all. I just wanted to see anyone out there has any information about Interstate Transfers and the State OCS process. I'm enlisted and starting State OCS in a few months. However, I'm still seeking employment and I am strongly thinking about moving to another state for job opportunities. Does anyone know if you can just transfer to another state's OCS program or if that particular state could deny me? Thanks for any info!

Re: IST and State OCS question

I'm not saying it can't happen, but it isn't necessarily an easy thing. When I was going through Traditional OCS
    I kept in touch with people on these forums; most were doing different events during their drill weekend than I
    was during mine.
    You have so many events (8-12 tests, staff ride, ftx, etc) that have to be accomplished to graduate. Most programs
    will be at different points in curriculum.

The best thing to do would be to talk to your OCS Cadre and the Cadre of the state you want to transfer (at the
    point in time you will be transferring).

See where I'm going with this?

Comment

Originally posted by charlieblaze View Post
      Hello all. I just wanted to see anyone out there has any information about Interstate Transfers and the State OCS process. I'm enlisted and starting State OCS in a few months. However, I'm still seeking employment and I am strongly thinking about moving to another state for job opportunities. Does anyone know if you can just transfer to another state's OCS program or if that particular state could deny me? Thanks for any info!
      What scjohnny says is correct, but don't be discouraged. What may wind up happening is that your second phase winds up being extended or contracted by one or two drills. In either case, you may have to split-drill with another nearby state in order to make up some of the training that your gaining state has completed but that your current state has not.

The worst case scenario is that the cadre at the RTI are bastards and they make you completely repeat phase 2.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
        What scjohnny says is correct, but don't be discouraged. What may wind up happening is that your second phase winds up being extended or contracted by one or two drills. In either case, you may have to split-drill with another nearby state in order to make up some of the training that your gaining state has completed but that your current state has not.

The worst case scenario is that the cadre at the RTI are bastards and they make you completely repeat phase 2.
        That pretty much describes NJ's State OCS. Worst case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
          That pretty much describes NJ's State OCS. Worst case scenario.
          Now that I think of it, that's more like the "worst reasonable case scenario." The true worst case scenario is that they make him repeat phase 1 just for sport and then deem him unfit to be an officer based on astrological symbols and send him to AIT to be a 92S.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
            Now that I think of it, that's more like the "worst reasonable case scenario." The true worst case scenario is that they make him repeat phase 1 just for sport and then deem him unfit to be an officer based on astrological symbols and send him to AIT to be a 92S.
            This sounds vaguely familiar to me. These types of things "just happen" in NJ ARNG.

On a side note, what is the final task/exam that you need to take to graduate as a 92S at AIT? Do you just turn the knob on the dryer and press start?
            Last edited by Polo08816; November 8th, 2012, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X