X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOCS what to expect?

Im excited to go, however I like to find out as much information as possible!

Di they treat prior service differently?

What is the tempo like?

Is it more males or females in the AOCS classes?

What.is the pt like?

How in depth into call for fire will we get?

Re: AOCS what to expect?

I know your thread is for AOCS, and since I went traditional I can only tell you my experience and what those that I met in phase 3 talked about (States joined AOCS for Phase 1 and 3).

For the prior service there was more expected out of them. Those that came to OCS as SGT's and above or who had a lot of military experience prior to OCS they expected a lot more out of them. In phase 3 those were the people that held the leadership positions the longest and were lectured more often.

In phase 1 and 3 (first 2 wks and last 2wks) the tempo is pretty fast. Wake up at 0500 and if your in a leadership position then your lucky if your in bed by midnight. If your not in leadership then 2230 or 2300 is pretty normal. Phase 1 PT started at 0530, lastest an hour, then 30 minutes for everyone to get through the showers and ready for breakfast. PT was student led, but you always had a TAC watching and if it wasn't strenous enough they would take over, and you didn't want that. In phase 3 your out in the field so no PT, but then your getting ready for your lanes really early and making your plans.

As for call for Fire, I did that with the state, so no experience with the AOCS group.

I hope this helps some. I know others that went through will give more specifics to the AOCS program they went through, but hopefully this gives you a start.

Comment

Originally posted by WI0331 View Post
      Im excited to go, however I like to find out as much information as possible!

Di they treat prior service differently?

No, everyone is treated the same, but once they find out that you are PS they will expect more from you.

What is the tempo like?

100 MPH, seriously. Average 19 hour days 7 days a week.

Is it more males or females in the AOCS classes?

Statistically it is the similiar to all other military units, more males than females.

What.is the pt like?

If you can't score a 270 or better you will suffer.

How in depth into call for fire will we get?

You will receive all of the required info you will need. Pay attention and you will do fine.
      AOCS is the most condensed method of receiving a commission, it is compared to trying to drink from a fire house.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard View Post
        AOCS is the most condensed method of receiving a commission, it is compared to trying to drink from a fire house.
        More condensed than FOCS?

Comment

Roger,
          FOCS = 12 weeks
          AOCS = 8 weeks

Comment

Thanks for the info! Again I look forward to going through this course.

Comment

Working...
            X