X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMP Question

I just have a quick, simple question. I live in NC and am graduating this year from college. I have just started the process to become a SMP cadet with the NC National Guard. My goal is to do a two year masters program and complete ROTC while in grad school.

My question is this: Can I be a part of the NC National Guard and do SMP/ROTC while going to a grad school in another state?

I would like to attend school in Virginia, and I wouldn't mind driving down to NC once a month to train. I've been doing a lot of research and haven't seen any answers for questions like this. Thanks so much for your help.

Re: SMP Question

You are welcome to live wherever you want, as long as you show up to drill on time.

As a practical matter, you may find that you miss out on some benefits by crossing states, e.g., state tuition assistance, reduced-fee license plates. It's perfectly legal, however.

Comment

Re: SMP Question

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      You are welcome to live wherever you want, as long as you show up to drill on time.

As a practical matter, you may find that you miss out on some benefits by crossing states, e.g., state tuition assistance, reduced-fee license plates. It's perfectly legal, however.
      I'm sure you've done your homework, but in any case, make sure that your school in VA has an ROTC program that will allow you to attend as a graduate student.

Comment

Working...
      X