Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROTC and the National Guard

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ROTC and the National Guard

    Hello all! I'm a senior in high school and plan in attending college. I was planning on enlisting in the national guard during college and go to school while serving. After further research I looked at what ROTC could do for me. I don't want to serve full time right out of college. So I just want to clarify with someone on here with personal experience, do you get to choose if your in the national guard after college if your in ROTC or do you have to be selected? How does it all work, do I just sign different papers once I contract after two years? Any help when it comes to going into ROTC and then National Guard would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

  • #2
    Re: ROTC and the National Guard

    If you want to stay in the Guard after ROTC, then ensure that your ROTC administrator prepares a GRFD contract for you. In addition, work with your National Guard chain of command in your MS III year to determine a pinpoint assignment for you after commissioning. Also look into the Dedicated ARNG Scholarship.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: ROTC and the National Guard

      Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      If you want to stay in the Guard after ROTC, then ensure that your ROTC administrator prepares a GRFD contract for you. In addition, work with your National Guard chain of command in your MS III year to determine a pinpoint assignment for you after commissioning. Also look into the Dedicated ARNG Scholarship.
      Thanks, and would getting a scholarship through them mean I have to serve in the national guard for 8 years? Instead of 4 years NG and 4 years reserves?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: ROTC and the National Guard

        Originally posted by short18 View Post
        Thanks, and would getting a scholarship through them mean I have to serve in the national guard for 8 years? Instead of 4 years NG and 4 years reserves?
        Look at the post in my signature file for a detailed explanation of this and other topics relevant to you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: ROTC and the National Guard

          i am a junior. i am planing to go to basic training this summer and come back home and finish high school and then go to collage to become an officer. Is that the best way or is there another way.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: ROTC and the National Guard

            Originally posted by joseph View Post
            i am a junior. i am planing to go to basic training this summer and come back home and finish high school and then go to collage to become an officer. Is that the best way or is there another way.
            Sounds fine to me. However, you should probably consider the following.

            1) Change your avatar, since you are not a Brigadier General.

            2) Learn to spell "college," since you plan on attending one.

            Comment

            Working...
            X