Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My recruiter/national guard liason refuses to help me become a cadet in the national guard

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My recruiter/national guard liason refuses to help me become a cadet in the national guard

    I contracted with the ROTC program as an MS II in January of 2012. I have been an enlisted member at my current national guard unit since September 2011. The recruiter who works out of the Rutgers Army ROTC building is also the liason between the national guard. He is supposed to handle the promotion of guard soldiers to the rank of cadet e-5 in the national guard so that they can fully participate in the SMP program. I have seen other cadets gaining their cadet slots in their national guard units. This recruiter told me that he put me in the system to become a cadet e-5 around february. All the cadre at the Rutgers ROTC program directed me to him to care of the promotion as well as my company readiness NCO at my unit. The recruiter told me that he was just waiting for me to show up in his system as an e-5 all the way up until May. Over summer break, he has ignored all my calls. Only once he said he would have an answer why my slot hasn't gone through and then he never called me again after that. The company leadership at my unit have suggested for me to seek advice on this forum and they have also advised me to file an IGA complaint through the national guard. I would like to hold my appropriate rank and would also like to ask if I would be able to seek back pay for the months since I have contracted as a cadet at ROTC but have not served under that capacity at the national guard. THis is very frustrating and any help would be much appreciated.

    Thank you

  • #2
    Re: My recruiter/national guard liason refuses to help me become a cadet in the national guard

    Originally posted by soccerfan945 View Post
    I contracted with the ROTC program as an MS II in January of 2012. I have been an enlisted member at my current national guard unit since September 2011. The recruiter who works out of the Rutgers Army ROTC building is also the liason between the national guard. He is supposed to handle the promotion of guard soldiers to the rank of cadet e-5 in the national guard so that they can fully participate in the SMP program. I have seen other cadets gaining their cadet slots in their national guard units. This recruiter told me that he put me in the system to become a cadet e-5 around february. All the cadre at the Rutgers ROTC program directed me to him to care of the promotion as well as my company readiness NCO at my unit. The recruiter told me that he was just waiting for me to show up in his system as an e-5 all the way up until May. Over summer break, he has ignored all my calls. Only once he said he would have an answer why my slot hasn't gone through and then he never called me again after that. The company leadership at my unit have suggested for me to seek advice on this forum and they have also advised me to file an IGA complaint through the national guard. I would like to hold my appropriate rank and would also like to ask if I would be able to seek back pay for the months since I have contracted as a cadet at ROTC but have not served under that capacity at the national guard. THis is very frustrating and any help would be much appreciated.

    Thank you
    Unfortunately, this is not an issue that is exclusive to just you at Rutgers. I've had the chance to hear from many cadets from the Rutgers ROTC program, and they've definitely pointed fingers at a certain someone who they think is responsible for their situation. Hopefully, someone from NJ can look into this issue. It's a shame that our cadets may have not been taken care of to the standard.

    A couple questions:
    Has your unit commander accepted you as an SMP? Has an agreement been signed by the commander?
    Last edited by Polo08816; August 24th, 2012, 10:23 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My recruiter/national guard liason refuses to help me become a cadet in the national guard

      Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
      Unfortunately, this is not an issue that is exclusive to just you at Rutgers. I've had the chance to hear from many cadets from the Rutgers ROTC program, and they've definitely pointed fingers at a certain someone who they think is responsible for their situation. Hopefully, someone from NJ can look into this issue. It's a shame that our cadets may have not been taken care of to the standard.

      A couple questions:
      Has your unit commander accepted you as an SMP? Has an agreement been signed by the commander?

      My readiness NCO needs to see me as a cadet e-5 in the personnel system before he can change my rank, a change that the recruiter said should have taken no more than 45 days. It has been a lot longer than that and I am quite confused. One would think that the recruiter would be paid to work out of the ROTC building to help cadets in a convenient and clear relationship as opposed to this game of phone tag and blatant avoidance.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My recruiter/national guard liason refuses to help me become a cadet in the national guard

        Originally posted by soccerfan945 View Post
        My readiness NCO needs to see me as a cadet e-5 in the personnel system before he can change my rank, a change that the recruiter said should have taken no more than 45 days. It has been a lot longer than that and I am quite confused. One would think that the recruiter would be paid to work out of the ROTC building to help cadets in a convenient and clear relationship as opposed to this game of phone tag and blatant avoidance.
        The interesting thing is that the recruiter you speak of used to be pretty active on this forum. It seems he all but disappeared from the forums. His disappearance may have coincided with his reassignment to the Rutgers ROTC ARNG Recruiting slot. With the NJ Tuition Waiver, that recruiting position is almost like a "give me" especially when the benefits of SMP may actually exceed that of a ROTC scholarship.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My recruiter/national guard liason refuses to help me become a cadet in the national guard

          I would round up some people with similar situations and all file IG complaints. Sometimes people need a "push".

          Comment

          Working...
          X