X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRR / ING for a Warrant Officer, question please see below

I have a question regarding civilian deployment. I am interviewing for a position with my company that would take me overseas for a year (I am a defense contractor), the role I will be filling coincides with my MOS. I was told that as an officer (WO1) one cannot go ING. I know enlisted soldiers can go ING and do what they need to do and then return to the unit. My state does not allow you to front load drill time for that year. I have looked for AR/NG regs to find out how to do this but have been unsuccessful. I will return to my unit and my other job this would be temporary. Can I go IRR, I am in the PA NG. If I can go IRR, what is the process for requesting this. I hope someone can point me in the right direction!!! Thanks much

Re: IRR / ING for a Warrant Officer, question please see below

Originally posted by mgotch10 View Post
    I have a question regarding civilian deployment. I am interviewing for a position with my company that would take me overseas for a year (I am a defense contractor), the role I will be filling coincides with my MOS. I was told that as an officer (WO1) one cannot go ING. I know enlisted soldiers can go ING and do what they need to do and then return to the unit. My state does not allow you to front load drill time for that year. I have looked for AR/NG regs to find out how to do this but have been unsuccessful. I will return to my unit and my other job this would be temporary. Can I go IRR, I am in the PA NG. If I can go IRR, what is the process for requesting this. I hope someone can point me in the right direction!!! Thanks much
    You are correct about not being able to go into the ING as an officer. You could possibly go into the IRR. Where are you going?? Is it someplace where you would be able to drill overseas with a Army Reserve unit. This can be done in the Reserves (not saying it is easy)...but it is not authorized for NG members.

Comment

See AR 140-10 Chapter 2, Section II. This is all about the IRR and how it applies to Officers and Warrant Officers. Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        You are correct about not being able to go into the ING as an officer. You could possibly go into the IRR. Where are you going?? Is it someplace where you would be able to drill overseas with a Army Reserve unit. This can be done in the Reserves (not saying it is easy)...but it is not authorized for NG members.
        I would be deploying to AFG as a contractor. So there would be no drilling with a Reserve unit. Is it easier to deploy as a Reservist as opposed to a Guardsmen? Thanks for your reply by the way.

Comment

I would be deploying to AFG as a contractor. So there would be no drilling with a Reserve unit. Is it easier to deploy as a Reservist as opposed to a Guardsmen? Thanks for your reply by the way.
          Well, there could be drilling with a reserve unit. That is my point. I have known reservists to do drills in crazy places, we just can't do that in the Guard. I'm not saying it is easy....just saying it can happen.

Comment

Working...
          X