X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay Grade while at OCS?

I swore in 7/18 & I ship for BCT on 8/20 and I'm very excited (Sorry...just had to get that out). But I keep getting different information about my paygrade during OCS. I only have 90 credits so I know I'll be an E-3 for basic training. At first, I was told that I would be paid as an E-5 during OCS...then my recruiter told me I would be paid as an E-6. I'll be fine either way, but I'm analytical by nature and I'd love to calculate my finances as soon as possible for my wife & kids while I'm gone. Does anybody have any facts on this issue?

Re: Pay Grade while at OCS?

Originally posted by EdWelch View Post
    I swore in 7/18 & I ship for BCT on 8/20 and I'm very excited (Sorry...just had to get that out). But I keep getting different information about my paygrade during OCS. I only have 90 credits so I know I'll be an E-3 for basic training. At first, I was told that I would be paid as an E-5 during OCS...then my recruiter told me I would be paid as an E-6. I'll be fine either way, but I'm analytical by nature and I'd love to calculate my finances as soon as possible for my wife & kids while I'm gone. Does anybody have any facts on this issue?
    To my knowledge, if you go through any variant of state OCS (either AOCS or traditional), you'll be paid as an E6. For federal OCS, you'll be paid as an E-5.

Comment

Great! Thank you, sir!

Comment

To expand on what jwarren said, the PPOM 12-025 states that:

"1. Soldiers in the Grade of E5 or below attending State or Accelerated OCS will be advanced to SSG (with a title of Candidate) one day before they enter the program.

2. Soldiers in the Gread of E4 and below attending Federal OCS will be advanced to SGT (with a title of Candidate) one day before they enter the program."

See page 5 for reference.

Comment

Working...
        X