X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officers Tattoo Policies

Is it frowned upon for Officer Candidates to have/get tattoos while in or before OCS, or after commissioning?

Thank Gentleman,

Re: Officers Tattoo Policies

The Army Tattoo Policy is contained primarily in AR 670-1.

e. Tattoo policy
    (1) Tattoos or brands anywhere on the head, face, and neck above the class A uniform collar are prohibited.
    (2) Tattoos or brands that are extremist, indecent, sexist, or ****** are prohibited, regardless of location on the body, as they are prejudicial to good order and discipline within units.
    (a) Extremist tattoos or brands are those affiliated with, depicting, or symbolizing extremist philosophies, organizations, or activities. Extremist philosophies, organizations, and activities are those which advocate racial, gender or ethnic hatred or intolerance; advocate, create, or engage in illegal discrimination based on race, color, gender, ethnicity, religion, or national origin; or advocate violence or other unlawful means of depriving individual rights under the U.S. Constitution, Federal, or State law (see para 4-12, AR 600-20).
    (b) Indecent tattoos or brands are those that are grossly offensive to modesty, decency, or propriety; shock the moral sense because of their vulgar, filthy, or disgusting nature or tendency to incite lustful thought; or tend reasonably to corrupt morals or incite libidinous thoughts.

Other than that, "frowning" is entirely subjective and not relavant to the topic other than to contribute to outmoded puritanical worldviews. Frankly, if I am ever your commander, I'll be dissapointed if you don't have at least 4 expensive tattoos that fall within Army guidelines.

Comment

Not so much in the NG/USAR but in general officers don't have tattoos, smoke or have mustaches.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
        Not so much in the NG/USAR but in general officers don't have tattoos, smoke or have mustaches.
        The exception to this is when you're a PL on deployment

Comment

Originally posted by collk22 View Post
          The exception to this is when you're a PL on deployment
          *Chuckles* It'll take me about a year to grown a mustache -> Asian genes.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
            *Chuckles* It'll take me about a year to grown a mustache -> Asian genes.
            ....not me. - > Israeli genes heh heh

(Just kidding about the mustache...but not the genes )

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
              Wow.......I can't believe I never noticed that. Consider my world rocked......

Comment

No Mustaches?! Well thats FUBAR, and here this whole time I've been grooming myself to look like the drill instructor from G.I. Jane!

Comment

Originally posted by Nodoz View Post
                  No Mustaches?! Well thats FUBAR, and here this whole time I've been grooming myself to look like the drill instructor from G.I. Jane!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	e40371c194a095525fe06b31dfedc928.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	354

Style to the fullest degree

Comment

Working...
                  X