X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLRP and OCS

Can anyone tell me if SLRP given as part of an enlistment package will still be paid if an OCS contract is signed? I have heard different things from different people, but the bottom line is this: is the SLRP a national or state by state funded program? My first enlistment package with the SLRP was lost and since my ets date is coming up, they have told me that I have to re-enlist to get the SLRP package.

There is only one problem with this option, I want to go to OCS school, but if I sign a enlisted contract then sign on
    to go to OCS school within one year after signing a new contract, the SLRP could be lost. I have heard that the SLRP is a once in a lifetime benefit, once you've used it, it is gone and you can never use it again.

If it is true that the SLRP is lost once used and if there isn't a continuation of the SLRP program after an OCS contract is signed, then are there ANY bonus programs given to soldiers who do decide to become officers? Is there any program at all that will cover student loan debt?

What recourse do I have, if any, if the original contract signed was lost by MEPS and never entered into the system correctly and the orginal SLRP that should have been given to me 6 years ago was never put into effect? Any help would be beneficial, because I need a straight answer and not the run around any longer.

Re: SLRP and OCS

Did you get your question answered? I was interested in the SLRP too but my recruiter said it wont be eligible for an OCS candidate. The incentive was designed for more educated people to go through a standard enlistment. I'm curious to know what happened in your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by fruelas View Post
      Did you get your question answered? I was interested in the SLRP too but my recruiter said it wont be eligible for an OCS candidate. The incentive was designed for more educated people to go through a standard enlistment. I'm curious to know what happened in your situation.
      I am still looking into it. I did manage to find a website that provided more information regarding receiving the SLRP and how to keep the SLRP if you enter officer candidate schoool. Here is the website: http://www.nationalguard.com/life/in...ayment-program, hopefully this site can also answer a few questions for you as well. I have also heard that Colorado is one state that allows Officers to receive the SLRP (if you were enlisted previously and it was already part of your package), as long as they were already receiving the SLRP prior to attending OCS, and if you decline the $10,000 sign-on bonus.

Comment

Hello Ajbugeja-

I received an addendum for SLRP by an OSM. Shoot me an email if you're interested in it. It's basically a check list of requirements to be eligible for SLRP through OCS. fruelas@gmail.com

Good luck to you and yours!

Comment

Working...
        X