Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
can i become an officer with an associates degree and doing ROTC? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i become an officer with an associates degree and doing ROTC?

simple question, can i become a commissioned officer with a associates degree and 2 years of ROTC?

Re: can i become an officer with an associates degree and doing ROTC?

There are five military junior colleges participating in the Army Early Commissioning Program.

Wentworth Military Academy, Lexington, Missouri.
    Valley Forge Military Academy and College, Wayne, Pennsylvania. .
    New Mexico Military Institute, Roswell, New Mexico.
    Marion Military Institute, Marion, Alabama.
    Georgia Military College, Milledgeville, Georgia.

These programs have specific rules and timelines for terminal degree completion (Ultimately you have to be enrolled in one of their programs).

Other than that, NO.

Comment

I personally, not officially representing anyone or anything other than myself, don't like the MJCs. Their graduates have a low success rate. I do not recommend this route.

Comment

With state OCS, you can begin the program with 60 hours and commission with 90 hrs twords a degree plan from an accredited university. Most people miss that part. Meaning, you can't just enlist with 60 hrs in underwater basket weaving and go to OCS... unless you major is UBW.

You get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
          With state OCS, you can begin the program with 60 hours and commission with 90 hrs twords a degree plan from an accredited university. Most people miss that part. Meaning, you can't just enlist with 60 hrs in underwater basket weaving and go to OCS... unless you major is UBW.

You get the point.
          Is this still an option? And would any recruitor be able to help me with doing this?

Comment

No. This is not an option for you if you are not currently enlisted in the National Guard. To enlist under the 09S option you need a minimum of 90 college credits with a solid degree completion plan. 60 credits for the state program is for currently serving prior service applicants to "traditional" state OCS.

Comment

Become an enlisted soldier first. Even if you have a bachelors degree you will need more to progress through the ranks of commission. College hours hold a lot of weight in the enlisted promotion system. Every hour is a point. Plus, if you live the life of a lower enlisted soldier you will have a personal experience towards whatever soldier under the command of your commission.

Comment

Working...
              X