X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCS pay.

What is the pay for an officer candidate while going to basic training? Is it like when I went to Navy basic and everyone got E-1 pay?

Re: OCS pay.

What ever rank you enlist as is what you'll be paid at Basic.

Comment

Even if you enlist as 09S (officer candidate), your pay does not change until your have passed Phase 0 and you are actually IN OCS.

09S means you have the intentions of pursuing OCS, but your pay does not increase until such a time you are accepted to OCS and have passed all of the entry requirements.

At that point you will be paid as an E-6 during OCS.

Comment

if you are OCS, and have to go through basic still, you have to be an E4, correct? Unless you are coming back in at a prior rank and redoing basic, you should get paid E4 pay for the duration of BCT

Comment

Not necessarily.

I enlisted as an E-3 09S and after completion of BCT then was promoted to E-4.

Comment

Wow, that's funny. The recruiter if I can remember correctly told me ether E5 or E6 pay while I am in OCS but I can't remember if he told me that for basic as well. I will make sure he puts whatever he says in writing. Im not falling for that again....lol Also, he said.for.the student loan repayment officer candidates are the only ones eligible and I have to print my FASFA paperwork and bring it to basic? How does that sound?

Comment

MAKE SURE your SLRP is IN your contract BEFORE you sign it. I was promised SLRP and didn't realize (until I got BACK from BCT as I say anxiously with all my FAFSA paperwork that he never put it in.

I CANNOT get it put in now, AT ALL. Make sure you have it before you sign. Now, I have never heard of them needing your FAFSA paperwork for the SLRP until after AIT, but things change.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                MAKE SURE your SLRP is IN your contract BEFORE you sign it. I was promised SLRP and didn't realize (until I got BACK from BCT as I say anxiously with all my FAFSA paperwork that he never put it in.

I CANNOT get it put in now, AT ALL. Make sure you have it before you sign. Now, I have never heard of them needing your FAFSA paperwork for the SLRP until after AIT, but things change.
                Chris, since you are still enlisted right now, why can't you extend for the SLRP? people can extend at anytime for SLRP.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                  Chris, since you are still enlisted right now, why can't you extend for the SLRP? people can extend at anytime for SLRP.
                  Is it possible that the time between when he is eligible for commission and the date of his ETS exceeds the time period within which he must accept his commission?

Comment

heck, i have slrp in my contract, have filled out the paperwork, and sent it to the education office.. months ago, and I haven't seen any payments post on it. I think its a trap!

Comment

I was told a few months ago that if I went to AIT, instead of OCS, that after AIT I could take in all my loan paperwork, extend my contract and then add the SLRP. But since I chose to stick with OCS, my only hope now for help with my student loans is if I qualify for the accession bonus when I commission.

Polo08816! Ive been on here almost 2 years and you don't know I'm a female? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by WarChild View Post
                        Wow, that's funny. The recruiter if I can remember correctly told me ether E5 or E6 pay while I am in OCS but I can't remember if he told me that for basic as well. I will make sure he puts whatever he says in writing. Im not falling for that again....lol
                        The information you recieved from OC Chris36 is accurate. While some may scoff, Recruiters are by in large very well intentioned even when they make slight faux pas in the details. Regardless, a recruiter could write you a notorized letter signed in blood telling you that you would recieve 0-10 pay, but it wouldn't countermand regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                          The information you recieved from OC Chris36 is accurate. While some may scoff, Recruiters are by in large very well intentioned even when they make slight faux pas in the details. Regardless, a recruiter could write you a notorized letter signed in blood telling you that you would recieve 0-10 pay, but it wouldn't countermand regulation.
                          +1 Attention to Detail = READ your contract; your signing it, read it.

Comment

Working...
                          X