Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find a list of available OFFICER jobs for my state?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find a list of available OFFICER jobs for my state?

First, I'd like to thank everyone on this forum for all the answers I've received without ever even having to ask a question until now - this site is a great resource for information. I'm graduating from St. John's University this May and will be enlisting for 09S (OCS), going to BCT this summer.

My question is: Where can I find a list of available Officer job slots, specifically for New York? I've navigated through the ARNG website and I am able to search for jobs in my area, however all of the jobs listed are for enlisted folks. Is this because there are simply no Officer jobs available, or should I be looking at different resources?

Also, I have a friend who is an Active Army Officer who told me that you must list a combat arms branch in your top three preferred MOS's - True or false for ARNG?

Thanks for all the help!

*Update* I just found a similar thread (apologies), However I checked out the DMNA site (which was the response on the other thread) and it doesn't offer me any useful information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by NY ARNG Woodard; July 22nd, 2012, 09:05 PM.

Re: Where can I find a list of available OFFICER jobs for my state?

Originally posted by NY ARNG Woodard View Post
    First, I'd like to thank everyone (especially the NCOs) on this forum for all the answers I've received without ever even having to ask a question until now - this site is a great resource for information. I'm graduating from St. John's University this May and will be enlisting for 09S (OCS), going to BCT this summer.

My question is: Where can I find a list of available Officer job slots, specifically for New York? I've navigated through the ARNG website and I am able to search for jobs in my area, however all of the jobs listed are for enlisted folks. Is this because there are simply no Officer jobs available, or should I be looking at different resources?

Also, I have a friend who is an Active Army Officer who told me that you must list a combat arms branch in your top three preferred MOS's - True or false for ARNG?

Thanks for all the help!

*Update* I just found a similar thread (apologies), However I checked out the DMNA site (which was the response on the other thread) and it doesn't offer me any useful information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    For a complete list of M-day officer slots, you will need to contact the State OSM. Be aware that the list that the OSM is referencing may not have the most updated information. For the most updated information, you will have to contact the individual unit.

As for branching combat arms, that's a policy for your state. He was simply speaking from his experience of branching on the AD side.

Comment

You've really got to work through your state OSM. There are a number of factors that go into branching, and the existence of a slot is only one of them.

Comment

For full time jobs, they should be right there with the enlisted when you look up AGR and ADOS stuff. Finding this varies between state. Here's New York's page. http://dmna.ny.gov/jobs/jobs.php (Not sure if you meant that you looked here already.)

Only see 1 officer position for Army currently.
        Last edited by SteveLord; March 23rd, 2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X