X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for EN BOLC?

First, sorry if this is a duplicate. I think I posted it in the wrong section before. Anyway...

I graduate/commission in May and leave for EN BOLC in early November. Basically, I have nothing to do until then and I really want to be ready for BOLC. What are some of the FMs, manuals, doctrines, etc. I can read to help me prepare? I've heard the recycle rate for this BOLC is rather high and I'd like to avoid that. Plus, if I do well enough, perhaps I will be offered an Airborne or Sapper slot.

Also, are there any other pieces of advice that might help me through BOLC?

Thank you!

Re: Preparing for EN BOLC?

Originally posted by GoBears510 View Post
    First, sorry if this is a duplicate. I think I posted it in the wrong section before. Anyway...

I graduate/commission in May and leave for EN BOLC in early November. Basically, I have nothing to do until then and I really want to be ready for BOLC. What are some of the FMs, manuals, doctrines, etc. I can read to help me prepare? I've heard the recycle rate for this BOLC is rather high and I'd like to avoid that. Plus, if I do well enough, perhaps I will be offered an Airborne or Sapper slot.

Thank you!
    If I'm not mistaken, your state will have to fund this.

You could check out http://armypubs.army.mil/doctrine/index.html for some FMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
      If I'm not mistaken, your state will have to fund this.

You could check out http://armypubs.army.mil/doctrine/index.html for some FMs.
      +1. But if you do exceptionally well at BOLC as in score on the top of the OML you might land a spot. One of our LT's a couple years ago did exactly that. Was number 1 or 2 on the OML at BOLC and was given a Sapper slot. He still had to do quite a bit of convicing to the state training command to fund it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBears510 View Post

Thank you!
        The Engineer Field Data Manual will help you a lot, 5-34, I believe.

The recycle rate isn't that high. The course requires some thinking, but it's not hard if you take a little time to prepare. Demo Calculations got a lot of people when I went through (2007).

Airborne / Sapper will be up to your state to fund. If your state's financial situation is anything like mine it won't happen. In fact I've broken some LT hearts lately by telling my guys it is unlikely they will get to go to Sapper school.

Comment

Working...
        X