X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCO or Commissioned officer

Im 17 and and a PVT in The NG, Im curious if i should just stick to the enlisted ranks and continue to an NCO or if i should go to ROTC once i hit college. i'm curious if Commissioned officers are mainly just desk jobs or if their more hands on (such as getting field time or the chance to deploy). I really need the information on it. Any help will be much appreciated.

Re: NCO or Commissioned officer

Yes, officers do deploy. Who else is going to lead the NCOs and soldiers?

But if you think you have what it takes to be an officer; then try ROTC while you are in college. You can possibly do both as an SMP Cadet.

Comment

can you tell me the benefits of becoming a SMP cadet? the whole reason im asking is because, when im through with the schools i need to go to i want to be deployed. i want the hands on aspect of the military. i may just be another PVT but i want to help make a difference. im just trying to figure out which way i can best do that wether it be through ROTC or through TIG to become an NCO. I just want to help.

Comment

Kid,

Take some time to explore the forums. The Officer/Enlisted "what should I do?" thing has been discussed at length. There is a lot of information to find that will be helpful to you in making your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by the jones kid View Post
          can you tell me the benefits of becoming a SMP cadet? the whole reason im asking is because, when im through with the schools i need to go to i want to be deployed. i want the hands on aspect of the military. i may just be another PVT but i want to help make a difference. im just trying to figure out which way i can best do that wether it be through ROTC or through TIG to become an NCO. I just want to help.
          For the record, every soldier makes a different, from the Private on up. There is no guarantee that you will deploy and with Afghanistan ending in two years, there might be no combat deployments for a while except some humanitarian or state missions.

As the other poster stated. Use the search feature for SMP information.

Comment

Originally posted by the jones kid View Post
            For the record, every soldier makes a difference, from the Private on up. There is no guarantee that you will deploy and with Afghanistan ending in two years, there might be no combat deployments for a while except some humanitarian or state missions.

As the other poster stated. Use the search feature for SMP information.
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; February 14th, 2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

SGTs seem to have more fun and have the best jokes.

Comment

Working...
              X