Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC-Branch Aviation in NG

Hello,

I am an MS3 cadet in North Carolina, leaving for LDAC this summer. I am a GRFD/SMP cadet and my dream is to branch aviation for the National Guard! I have been in contact with the NC State aviation officer, however it appears that they may not have any slots for aviation officers when I graduate. I have heard that contacting other state's aviation officers will turn them all off because they will feel I am just shopping around for answers. My question is, is it a bad idea to contact other states in order to maximize chances of finding a unit with an opening for a new LT? I would hate to be sitting in a position next year where I put all my eggs in one basket (North Carolina) just to find out they have no openings for LT's. At the same time, I don't want numerous states to turn me down because they feel I am shopping around for a spot.

Also, I have heard that it is best to get in touch with states that have the most openings and have the most aviation assets to increase my chances. Does anyone know how I can find the states that are in the most need for aviation officers?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Working...
X