X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMD Army ROTC

is anybody on here in the UMD Army ROTC program?? i jus got registered for class today, and have lots of questions on things i may have missed last week during PT, or Labs

Re: UMD Army ROTC

Great program but Cadre needs to relax on using profanity and putting down other services, we're all in the fight together. I passed the PT test the first time myself. Are you previously enlisted or currently in the guard/reserve?

Comment

Originally posted by Enterprise View Post
      Great program but Cadre needs to relax on using profanity and putting down other services, we're all in the fight together. I passed the PT test the first time myself. Are you previously enlisted or currently in the guard/reserve?
      Do not see how this helps this Soldier out at all. Might want to keep your opinions on Cadre in private conversations.

Comment

I'm currently in the guard

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.tischner View Post
          Do not see how this helps this Soldier out at all. Might want to keep your opinions on Cadre in private conversations.

Agreed. If the original poster is a cadet, it's in his interest to not only keep his opinions of the Cadre to private conversations but to keep it to himself despite how unprofessional or incompetent they may be.

However, once the original poster is not in that chain of command, then it depends on the culture of the organization he belongs to. Simply put: Are they a bunch of "yes men" or are they people looking to make positive changes that will help soldiers.

There are some people that are so egregiously incompetent that they deserve to be publicly humiliated. During one of my earlier drills with my unit, I functioned as more of an observer. One evening I walked into the BN TOC and heard nearly all of the company commanders publicly debating whether some company commander at the RTI was the first OR second worst O-4 in the state. You have to have made a career out of screwing up beyond using excessive profanity and talking down on other services whenever possible to be the target of that discussion.
          Last edited by Polo08816; February 4th, 2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X