X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going from National Guard to ROTC

I am currently drilling at my National Guard unit, I have completed my BCT and AIT. Now I am seriously considering joining an ROTC program at a state college. The problem is I dont know where to start. Some people said join the school first then enroll in ROTC, some people said contact a recruiter. I know Id be training as a reserve, but I'd like to stay National Guard once I completed my schooling. What steps do I need to take to get into the program/school?

Re: Going from National Guard to ROTC

Originally posted by kenlovorn View Post
    I am currently drilling at my National Guard unit, I have completed my BCT and AIT. Now I am seriously considering joining an ROTC program at a state college. The problem is I dont know where to start. Some people said join the school first then enroll in ROTC, some people said contact a recruiter. I know Id be training as a reserve, but I'd like to stay National Guard once I completed my schooling. What steps do I need to take to get into the program/school?
    Talk to the ROTC liaison at the school.

Comment

Re: Going from National Guard to ROTC

Five Steps:

1. Get accepted into a school you want to go to that has ROTC or has an agreement with another schools ROTC.

2. Go see the ROTC people at said school.

3. Begin ROTC.

4. Gradute / Commision.

5. Get lost in the woods while leading an infantry platoon as a butter bar.

Comment

Working...
      X