X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need for Flight Surgeons?

I am currently an AD Army officer in Virginia. I have spoke with many Guardsmen and many have informed me that "the Army National Guard is always hurting for Flight Surgeons". When I attended the flight course the story was the same: "only XX% of available spots are filled nationwide". Imagine my surprise when I start to look int options for a lateral transfer from the active component to the Guard (looking for AGR or Tech slot) and nothing is available. I graduated from Medical school in 2008 and completed a one year internship and WRAMC. I have since been a Flight Surgeon. I am very good at my job and clinically astute. However, I am not residency trained. I spoke with the Iowa Deputy State Surgeon and she informed me that they were looking for flight surgeons. However, when I contacted the State Surgeon he told me that he was currently trying to create an AGR slot for a Surgeon. My questions is this: if the Army Guard lacking Flight Surgeons why is it so hard to get a job offer? I want to continue to serve my country doing something I love, in a state I love (Iowa) but am getting very frustrated. Thank you in advance for any info or advice

Sending you a Private Message

Comment

Thanks SF...just spoke with Iowa AMEDD recruiter and he informed me that since I am not residency trained I could not be considered even though I have been practicing as a Flight SGN for 5 yrs as an AD officer....frustrating!

Comment

Working...
      X