Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join as RN or FNP

Hello all,

Looking at joining the Army NG as an RN or FNP. I'm prior enlisted (ETS 18 Dec 2013) and was enlisted 11B. I got my BSN in my offtime (weekends and nights) while still in and became an RN about 8 months before I got out. I started working on my MSN/FNP shortly thereafter.

I'm an RN right now with my BSN but am about 9 months away from finishing my MSN and taking the ANCC boards for FNP licensure.

Would it make a difference if I joined as an RN with a BSN now or would it be better if I waited until I finish the MSN and joined as an FNP?

Difference in pay grade determination etc. Any information is welcome.

Hello FNP. First, let me congratulate you on the impressive hard work you've been doing in pursuit of a career in healthcare. That is quite a shift from 11B! I think that the best person for you to talk to would be the Office Strength Manager in the state in which you might like to serve. If you message me, I can give you the email address of someone in the ARNG Recruiting and Retention Division who can provide you with the right point of contact for your state..

Comment

Working...
    X