X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Direct Commission Social Worker

One year ago today, I posted an inquiry regarding joining the National Guard. I was given direction by helpful members on this forum and on 7 Nov 2013, I was commissioned as a behavioral health officer in the National Guard. Just wanted to say thank you for helping me out and I will be looking to "give back" to this forum in any way that I can.
    Off to BOLC in August.
    1LT Ayers

Congratulations. Have fun at OBLC,.or BOLC as they now call it. It's going to be very hot.

Comment

I am interested in hearing more about your process. I am currently Enlisted in the Guard and am considering starting my Masters in Social Work this year. I'd like to direct commission, if there is a slot in my state as a Behavioral Health Officer.

Comment

Congrats 1LT Ayers, This forum was also very helpful for me to make my decision to join the Guard 13 months ago as a DC JA. I'm curious though, do you have to do the DCC Course at Fort Benning or is it a different course you attend?

Comment

• dayersnc
          dayersnc commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm headed to BOLC at Fort Sam Houston.

Congrats. The Guard needs a lot more social workers...

Comment

Hi, I am interested in joining the Guard as a social worker. Can you get a commission in the AMEDD as a LMSW or do you need to be a LCSW? My hope was to get my clinical supervision in the Guard.

Comment

You would need to be fully licensed to come in as a social worker.

Comment

Working...
            X