X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMEDD Direct Commission process

I am applying to PA school in a few months. I live in Alabama so I am looking at South or UAB for PA school. Also looking to join (army or navy) reserves or NG. I got a few questions for y'all.

- Joining before, during, after PA school?
    - Army or Navy reserve, or NG? I know there are pros and cons with all, but just in general. Im 24 yo, single, free, looking forward to deployments and travel.
    - any recommendations or warnings? sounds like I am in some of your exact positions at some point.

Anything will help, thanks in advance and I look forward to serving with you guys.

The membership of this forum can't really hope to address the USAR or USNR. The military medical is its own universe, where all the guidance from other sources may or may not apply. You really need to discuss this with a qualified AMEDD recruiter, and your local ARNG recruiter can put you in touch.

Comment

You should first ask yourself if you want to join the Army, or the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue-01 View Post
        I am applying to PA school in a few months. I live in Alabama so I am looking at South or UAB for PA school. Also looking to join (army or navy) reserves or NG. I got a few questions for y'all.

- Joining before, during, after PA school?
        - Army or Navy reserve, or NG? I know there are pros and cons with all, but just in general. Im 24 yo, single, free, looking forward to deployments and travel.
        - any recommendations or warnings? sounds like I am in some of your exact positions at some point.

Anything will help, thanks in advance and I look forward to serving with you guys.
        To request contact from your state’s Army Medical Department (AMEDD)Recruiter, please click on the following link and submit your contact information: http://www.nationalguard.com/car?specialty=amedd

Comment

At what point in the process do you have to take the PT test? I know you need to pass it in order to graduate from BOLC but I wasn't sure how many times you need to take the PT test during the commissioning process. I can do a 16 min 2 mile run under ideal conditions( flat smooth ground and treadmill) my fastest was 15 and some change. I run a lot but I want to have an idea on when I would be tested so I can rest my legs. Also, in regards to sit ups, Can you have someone hold your feet? I'm just trying to do my homework to be prepared and not driving the AMEDD recruiter crazy with all these additional questions.

Comment

I cant shed any light on how many times or when you will be required to take the APFT during your process. But the following link will give you all the information you need about the APFT and how it is to be conducted. http://www.armyprt.com/apft/index.shtml

Comment

Working...
            X