X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Educational Oppotrunities.

I was able to get ahold of my states AMEDD recruiter and she told me to submit my transcripts and resume and they would see what slots are available. I am considering 2 avenues. The Environmental Science Officer, or possibly the RN are where I am most interested. I hold a BS in Environmental Health and I had been working on my RN degree( not finished but in progress, I know it needs to be completed to qualify). What I want to know is what are the chances for educational advancement withing these fields? I was reading about the STRAP programs. My degree deals alot with Preventative Medicine, but I read somewhere that they were looking more for medical students. Is this the case or am I mistaken?

Re: Educational Oppotrunities.

For STRAP, are you pursuing a BSN or MSN?

I have little insight into your Environmental Science Officer vs. RN question, but I do know that you'll need to check with your state about open slots for RN. The Guard used to recruit heavily for this until a division of duties between the NG and the Reserve. There are a lot more RN slots in the Reserve than Guard now and I know in many states they are overmanned.
    Last edited by notyetdead; July 30th, 2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X