Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interservice Physician Assistant Program

Hello!

Calling all those who have previously applied/ or are currently in the interservice physician assistant program!!

Can anyone please help me out with some questions about the Army's Pa program?
    I am going to be graduating with my undergraduate degree in Biology, am a current NG member (although non-medical), and am really hoping I can get into this program some day. I am worried that I should take some more classes, though, to boost my gpa. I meet the requirement, but I am only going to graduate with a 3.059 so I am wondering if this is even competitive enough to get me into this program.

Some more about me: I have shadowed PA's and NP's in past years, and have also been working as a med aid/ universal worker for a nursing home for about 7 months. I will be doing more shadowing and working over the summer. I am currently publishing a research paper through my school's nutrition and human performance department, as well as presenting at various research conventions. I am an honor guard member, pretty good at PT (ran college track), and should have strong recommendations from my unit, research coordinator, and head nurse at work. Will these things help offset my "fair" gpa and help me get into the program?

Please be honest, all responses are very much appreciated!

*hopeful future PA*
Working...
X